Annual Summary Conference
• The National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement has organized an annual summary conference – “Implementation of Revised Higher Education Quality Assurance System: Results and Further Steps”.
• Institutional authorization and program accreditation results in Georgia, opportunities for system development and further steps in accordance to the revised Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area 2015 were the major topics addressed during the conference.
• Conference participants included: The representatives of Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport, National Center for Education Quality Enhancement, Authorization Council of Higher Education Institutions, Accreditation Council of Higher Educational Programs, Appeal Council, Higher Education Institution Authorization and Higher Education Programs Accreditation Experts, the representatives of international organizations and each authorized higher education institution.
• High-level international guests - presidents of World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) and The European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR), Vice President of European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) were invited to a conference. International experts, who have chaired higher education institution authorizations in Georgia, the President of Observatory Magna Charta Universitatum and President Emeritus of the University of Amsterdam, Sijbolt Noorda and Vice Rector of the University of Lausanne, Jacques Lanarès, have delivered presentations.
• The results of implementing revised mechanisms for higher education institution authorization and higher education programs accreditation, higher education quality assurance challenges and solutions, medical education quality assurance issues, EFQM excellence model – instruments for development have been examined within the conference.
• Event was financially supported by Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport.