On June 19, 1999 29 European Ministers of Education signed a declaration in the oldest university town of Bologna. By signing the document, the ministers expressed their willingness to participate in creation of European Higher Education Area.
Bologna declaration was preceded by such documents as: Magna Chartum Universitatum (1998); Lisbon Convention (1997); Sorbona Declaration (1998).
Georgia joined Bologna Process in 2005 at Bergen Summit.
Main documents of Bologna Process
- Bologna Declaration (1999)
- Prague Communique (2001)
- Berlin Communique (2003)
- Bergen Communique (2005)
- London Communique (2007)
- Louven Communique (2009)
- Budapest-Vienna Declaration (2010)
Documents of Bologna process
- Lisbon Convention (1997)
- Sorbonne Declaration (1997)
- Qualifications Framework for Higher Education – Dublin Descriptors (2005)
- European Standards and Guidelines in Quality Assurance (2005)
- Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG 2015)