Verification of Educational Documents Issued in Georgia
Upon verification of educational documents issued in Georgia, the LEPL - National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement shall establish, whether the person concerned has passed an educational programme either partially or fully, also the fact of issuance of a relevant document on awarding qualification thereto and their compatibility with Georgian legislation.
The following documents should be submitted to the LEPL - National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement with a view to verification of educational documents issued in Georgia:
1. An application (an application may be filed by mail – an application form
2. A notarised copy of educational documents;
3. A copy of the applicant’s identity card (in case of a foreign document - the notarised translation thereof);
4. In the case of filing an application by another person - the document certifying the authority thereof (power of attorney);
5. Receipt certifying the payment of the relevant fee. GEL 40 - regular procedures (1 month); accelerated procedures - 15 business days GEL 80; 5 business days - GEL 120; 1 business day - GEL 250 (Services within one business day are provided in respect of certain educational documents the list of which is specified under an individual administrative-legislative act of the Director of the Center;
*In addition, in order to elaborate a bilingual (Georgian and English) decision on verification of educational documents, GEL 25 has been added to the fee payble for the service referred to in paragraph 1); (EPAYMENTS)
According to the General Administrative Code, the term of administrative proceedings starts on the second business day after the submission of the application, respectively:
* One-day accelerated proceedings (250 GEL) will start on the next business day after the submission of the application and the citizen will be able to take out the document from 09:00 on the third business day.
* The five-day accelerated proceedings (120 GEL) will start on the next business day after the submission of the application and the citizen will be able to take out the document from 09:00 on the seventh business day.
* 15-day accelerated proceedings (80 GEL) will start on the next business day after the submission of the application and the citizen will be able to take out the document from 09:00 on the 17th business day.
* 1 month regular proceedings (40 GEL) will start on the next business day after the submission of the application and the citizen will be able to take out the document on the next business day after 30 calendar days
6. In the case of using postal services, GEL 5 is added to the service fee;
7. Upon requesting verification of an educational document issued in Georgia, for the purpose of complete or partial exemption from the fee, a notarized copy of the document (veteran's certificate, IDP certificate, etc.) evidencing the above circumstances is to be submitted to the Center
Requisites required for transferring amounts to the Treasury:
Recipient's bank: State Treasury
Name of the recipient: unified account of the Treasury
Recipient's account/treasury code - 707637113 (fee for the service provided by the LEPL - National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement)
Upon requesting verification of an educational document issued in Georgia the following persons shall be exempted from the payment of service fee:
a) Citizens who became disabled as a result of military actions conducted for the territorial integrity, freedom and independence of Georgia;
b) Participants of the Second World War;
c) Veterans of war and armed forces and displaced persons - by 50 %;
d) Persons with markedly and substantially expressed disability - by 50%;
e) Students of authorized higher education institutions that hold Student Identity (Residence) Certificates - by 20%
Any foreign document, submitted for the verification of educational documents, issued in Georgia, is subject to the notarisation of its translation into the Georgian language!
Application Form Commensurate with Paragraphs 3 and 4 of Article 73 of the General Administrative Code of Georgia an administrative proceeding shall be conducted in Georgian on the territory of Georgia. Respectively, when completing the application for the verification of educational ducuments in a foreign language the applicant should submit to the NCEQE a notarized Georgian translation of the aforementioned application in a foreign language)
From February 6, 2020, applicants will have the opportunity to apply electronically for services provided to individuals by the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement, without visiting the Center through the portal www.my.gov.ge
The e-service applies to the following services:
Verification of the validity of educational documents issued in Georgia;
Recognition of the education received by the IDP;
Recognition of education received in a liquidated institution;
Recognition of education received in a licensed mode;
Recognition of education received abroad.
The portal allows Georgian citizens from all over the world, who have a new ID card and its reading device, as well as an electronic signature, to apply for the services of the Center electronically and receive an answer electronically, without leaving home.
Instructions for login to the portal can be found at the following link: https://id.ge/download/
For more information on the new ID card, its reader device and electronic signature, please call the hotline of the Public Service Hall - 2 40 54 05.
For more information about the portal www.my.gov.ge, please call the hotline: 2 25 15 28 (internal number 8888)