For the recognition of foreign education, the Center verifies the authenticity of an educational document, issued by a foreign institution and establishes the compatibility of the qualification, contained in this document or the learning outcomes, attained during the period of study with the qualifications, existing in Georgia.
Recognition is valid to:
• General Education
• Vocational Education
• Higher Education.
Recognition is not valid to:
• Preschool Education (kindergarten)
• Residency (postgraduate medical training.)
• Education acquired in the frames of exchange programmes implemented by Georgian educational institutions upon the permission of the Center.
1. An application;
2. A copy of the applicant’s identity card (in case of foreign citizens, the notarized translation of the copy of Passport).
3. In the case of filing an application by another person, the document certifying the authority thereof (power of attorney);
4. In the case of filing an application by a parent, the notarized copy of the child’s Birth Certificate;
5. A translated and notarized copy of an educational document*
6. Application fee payment receipt. For recognition of education received abroad - regular procedures (one month) 40 GEL; accelerated procedures - 15 business days - 80 GEL; 5 business days - 120 GEL; 1 business day - 250 GEL (EPAYMENTS)
7. In case of foreign Higher Education acquired by distance learning, documents evidencing residence abroad; the Center may also require submission of documents evidencing the number of contact hours between the professor (teacher) and the student;
8. In the case of using postal services, GEL 5 is added to the service fee;
9.In the case where a competent body entitled to recognition or giving information requires payment of a relevant fee, the document evidencing payment of that fee shall be submitted to the Center;
10. Conclusion of the host educational institution on compliance of education received in the period of studying abroad;
11. In the case of recognition of education received in the Ukraine, the person shall complete the form of consent related to submitting personal data;
⃰ Educational documents are:
• Certificate of complete general education and its supplement ; certificate of base education and its supplement, certificate of primary education and its supplement (official transcript of grades)
• Vocational Diploma and its supplement (official transcript of grades)
• Higher Education Diploma and its supplement ( official transcript of grades)
• A document certifying the awarded academic qualification
Requisites for payments to be made to TREASURY:
Beneficiaries Bank: Treasury
Name of Beneficiary: Treasury Single Account
Bank code: TRESGE22
Beneficiary acc/ Treasury code: 707637113-( LEPL –National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement- service fee)
The following persons shall be excused from the payment of service fee:
• Representatives of international information network, representatives of accredited diplomatic corpus and consulate in Georgia, , Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia in the case of service provided for diplomatic relations
• Citizens who became disabled as a result of military actions conducted for the territorial integrity, freedom and independence of Georgia
• Participants of World War II
• Veterans of war and armed forces and displaced persons - by 50 %;
• Persons with markedly and significantly expressed disability - by 50%;
Any foreign language document is subject to the notarization of its translation into Georgian language!