For the recognition of foreign education, the Center verifies the authenticity of an educational document, issued by a foreign institution and establishes the compatibility of the qualification, contained in this document or the learning outcomes, attained during the period of study with the qualifications, existing in Georgia.
Recognition is valid to:
• General Education
• Vocational Education
• Higher Education.
Recognition is not valid to:
• Preschool Education (kindergarten)
• Residency (postgraduate medical training.)
• Education acquired in the frames of exchange programmes implemented by Georgian educational institutions upon the permission of the Center.
1. An application;
2. A copy of the applicant’s identity card (in case of foreign citizens, the notarized translation of the copy of Passport).
3. In the case of filing an application by another person, the document certifying the authority thereof (power of attorney);
4. In the case of filing an application by a parent, the notarized copy of the child’s Birth Certificate;
5. A translated and notarized copy of an educational document*
6. Application fee payment receipt. For recognition of education received abroad - regular procedures (one month) 40 GEL; accelerated procedures - 15 business days - 80 GEL; 5 business days - 120 GEL; 1 business day - 250 GEL (EPAYMENTS)
According to the General Administrative Code, the term of administrative proceedings starts on the second business day after the submission of the application, respectively:
* One-day accelerated proceedings (250 GEL) will start on the next business day after the submission of the application and the citizen will be able to take out the document from 09:00 on the third business day.
* The five-day accelerated proceedings (120 GEL) will start on the next business day after the submission of the application and the citizen will be able to take out the document from 09:00 on the seventh business day.
* 15-day accelerated proceedings (80 GEL) will start on the next business day after the submission of the application and the citizen will be able to take out the document from 09:00 on the 17th business day.
* 1 month regular proceedings (40 GEL) will start on the next business day after the submission of the application and the citizen will be able to take out the document on the next business day after 30 calendar days
7. In case of foreign Higher Education acquired by distance learning, documents evidencing residence abroad; the Center may also require submission of documents evidencing the number of contact hours between the professor (teacher) and the student;
8. In the case of using postal services, GEL 5 is added to the service fee;
9.In the case where a competent body entitled to recognition or giving information requires payment of a relevant fee, the document evidencing payment of that fee shall be submitted to the Center;
10. Conclusion of the host educational institution on compliance of education received in the period of studying abroad;
11. In the case of recognition of education received in the Ukraine, the person shall complete the form of consent related to submitting personal data;
⃰ Educational documents are:
• Certificate of complete general education and its supplement ; certificate of base education and its supplement, certificate of primary education and its supplement (official transcript of grades)
• Vocational Diploma and its supplement (official transcript of grades)
• Higher Education Diploma and its supplement ( official transcript of grades)
• A document certifying the awarded academic qualification
Requisites for payments to be made to TREASURY:
Beneficiaries Bank: Treasury
Name of Beneficiary: Treasury Single Account
Bank code: TRESGE22
Beneficiary acc/ Treasury code: 707637113-( LEPL –National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement- service fee)
The following persons shall be excused from the payment of service fee:
• Representatives of international information network, representatives of accredited diplomatic corpus and consulate in Georgia, , Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia in the case of service provided for diplomatic relations
• Citizens who became disabled as a result of military actions conducted for the territorial integrity, freedom and independence of Georgia
• Participants of World War II
• Veterans of war and armed forces and displaced persons - by 50 %;
• Persons with markedly and significantly expressed disability - by 50%;
Any foreign language document is subject to the notarization of its translation into Georgian language!
From February 6, 2020, applicants will have the opportunity to apply electronically for services provided to individuals by the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement, without visiting the Center through the portal www.my.gov.ge
The e-service applies to the following services:
Verification of the validity of educational documents issued in Georgia;
Recognition of the education received by the IDP;
Recognition of education received in a liquidated institution;
Recognition of education received in a licensed mode;
Recognition of education received abroad.
The portal allows Georgian citizens from all over the world, who have a new ID card and its reading device, as well as an electronic signature, to apply for the services of the Center electronically and receive an answer electronically, without leaving home.
Instructions for login to the portal can be found at the following link: https://id.ge/download/
For more information on the new ID card, its reader device and electronic signature, please call the hotline of the Public Service Hall - 2 40 54 05.
For more information about the portal www.my.gov.ge, please call the hotline: 2 25 15 28 (internal number 8888)