Quality assurance in VET Institutions is carried out using internal and external mechanisms of quality assurance. Internal quality assurance mechanisms are created and performed by the VET Institutions. External quality assurance mechanisms are defined by the Georgian legislation. LEPL-National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement is responsible for its implementation. VET quality assurance department is created to carry out this authority. In order to ensure the quality of vocational education the following mechanisms are used:
- Authorization of VET Institutions; - Obtain the right to implement the vocational educational programs by HEI or schools;
- Representing the self-assessment report of vocational educational institutions; - Planned monitoring on carrying out the authorization standards of vocational educational institutions;
- Unscheduled monitoring on carrying out the authorization standards of vocational educational institutions; - Obtain the right to implement the vocational educational program by VET Institution; - Increase student’s quantity according the programs;
- Changing the location/space of implementation of Vocational educational program;
- Obtain the right to implement the secondary vocational educational program in which the secondary level learning outcomes of General Education are integrated.
To ensure the implementation of quality assurance mechanisms NCEQE has created experts’ corps. The department carries out intensive trainings for them, monitors their performance, makes the evaluation of their activities and carries out the periodic update of corps.
Authorization council of VET institutions discusses experts’ evaluation reports and makes appropriate decisions whether the programs, infrastructure and resources of Institution are in compliance with authorization standards. The members of authorization councils are confirmed by the order of Prime Minister and secretariats of the center support their work.
VET quality assurance department provides VET Institutions with consultations, trainings, manuals and guidebooks. The department also gives the consultations to organizations which are intending to obtain the status of VET Institution.
Donor organizations also play an important role for improving the quality of vocational education by implementation of important projects.
In this section interested person can find the information about the quality assurance mechanisms of Vocational education, its procedures, working blank forms, standards and other important issues.